Description: Metal Barricade Replacement Base - U Base
A Steel Barrier U Base is the most vulnerable part of the steel barrier. As a steel barrier is used and moved, wear and tear will most often be evident in the damage to the base.
Ensure that Barriers are always available
We strongly suggest you invest in metal crowd control barriers with bolt-on, replaceable bases, instead of those with welded-on bases, to minimize the risk of any barrier being dead in action and “out of commission” due to base damage.
Barriers that feature bolt-on replaceable bases – like this steel barrier U Base – can be significantly more cost-effective. A steel barricade with a damaged base won’t remain inactive for long – it is relatively inexpensive and easy to replace a base, rather than buying an entire new barrier.
Features and Benefits of steel barrier replacement U-bases
- U bases are about 22” in width on the larger side; 17” on the smaller side so they can pivot and be stored
- Rubber stoppers protect your floor and reduce sliding on smooth floors, so your barriers can also be used indoors
- Provides excellent stability
- Ability to form right angles to secure corners
- Bolt-on, replaceable
- Heavy-duty 16 gauge, 1.5″ O.D. steel
- Hot-dip galvanized steel for long-term durability
- Only fits the 6.5′ Classic Blockader Barriers and the 8′ Classic Blockader Barriers
Does this base fit your needs?
Our range of replacement parts for steel barricades offers a variety of options.
Is there something you would like to know more about this Steel Barrier U Base? Reach out to one of our U.S.-based Product Pros to get personalized support.