Description: Pyramid Sign Bases
Our Plastic Sign Base will not require painting or maintenance and features a quick and easy installation process. This cost-effective, heavy-duty product will make a lasting first impression. The portable sign base features a lightweight design to improve shipping costs and maneuverability but can also withstand the elements as the system is designed to withstand 75 mph winds with proper sized signage and filler option.
Looking for an upgrade over concrete? Compared to the regular 300 lbs concrete sign bases, our product weighs just 30 lbs when empty. When the bases are properly filled (16 gallons in freezing temperatures; 19 gallons otherwise), the base can be over 200lbs, depending on the choice of filler.
For an even more heavy-duty option, you can fill the base with concrete to get the best of both worlds.
At a fraction of the cost, our durable plastic sign bases can withstand high wind speeds and daily wear and tear, offering an appealing, yet efficient, support structure for signposts. The lightweight design and added wheels option also make it easier for daily employees to move and maneuver the sign throughout the day.
Available with or without wheels, Ideal Shield’s lightweight, durable Pyramid Sign Base design not only reduces shipping costs and is easily portable but it also creates a maintenance-free product.
Custom logos and slogans are also available for the sign base. That includes customized company logos and branding, as well as standard logos, like handicap accessible logos and construction area logos, which are available as well.
We can also match any company colors on the base or signpost for branding purposes on large quantity orders. We’ve already matched over 600 different colors. Contact us to learn more about the possibilities.
Looking to add on some helpful accessories or need to replace some parts? Check out our Sign System Accessories page.
22″ H x 22″ W x 22″ D
LDPE plastic with Ultra-Violet and Anti-Static Additives
Standard height is 98″
1.66 OD 14 gauge sleeved in HDPE plastic 1.9″ OD with plastic cap
Install: Fill with water, base gel, pea gravel, sand, or concrete
The Ideal Advantage
- Lightweight design reduces shipping costs; ships at just 30 lbs. compared to heavy concrete bases weighing 300 lbs.
- Maintenance-Free; will not chip, crack, or peel
- Available in any color and with any custom decal to meet branding needs
- Traditional and directional signage options available
- Sign Brackets available for easy sign installation
- Predrilled holes for 12″ x 18″ or custom signs available, ask for more information
- Designed to withstand 75 mph winds with proper sized signage and filler option
- No core drilling or bolt-down installation required
- Portable option available; easy to maneuver for everyday employees
- Bases withstand freezing conditions – do not fill to capacity to allow base gel or water to expand when frozen
- Volume of the Sign Base is 19.4 gallons; recommend water fill is 16 gallons in freezing areas
- For more permanent sign base option, fill with concrete to increase weight.
- Curbside pickup and mobile ordering services
- School crosswalks and campus directional signage
- Police, fire and other emergency personnel situations
- Handicap, accessible or specialized parking
- Construction sites
- Temporary parking zones